ITC Meeting at IEEE ICC 2015, London, UK (June 9, 2015)
Dijiang Huang (Arizona State University, USA), Periklis Chatzimisios Alexander (Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki, Greece), Rami Langar (University Pierre and Marie Curie – Paris 6, France), Bechir Hamdaoui (Oregon State University, USA), Joel Rodriguez (XX, Portugal), Pascal Lorentz (Univ. Haute Alsace, France), Otto Duarte (UFRJ, Brazil), Sandra Sendra (Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain), Stefano Secci (University Pierre and Marie Curie – Paris 6, France), and Jaime Lloret Mauri (Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain).
1. Welcome: Dijiang opened the meeting at 20:05.
2. ITC Introduction. Presentation of ITC and ComSoc. ITC member number keep steadily increasing in the past few years. 866+ members by 2015 Q2.
3. GLOBECOM 2014 ITC meeting minutes: approved.
4. 2013 ITC best paper award.
2012-2015 best paper award committee: Deep Medhi, Jorg Liebeherr, and Lixin Gao.
The 2013 ITC best paper selected by the committee is announced:
COBRA: A Framework for the Analysis of Realistic Mobility Models
by Gautam S. Thakur & Ahmed Helmy,
in Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM 2013, GLobal Internet Symposium 2013.
5.Nominations: the nominated persons for ICC’17 are:
– for the Next Generation Networking and Internet Symposium, Shiwen Mao, Auburn University, USA;
– for the Communications Software and Services Symposium, Pietro Manzoni, UPV, Spain;
– for the SAC Cloud Networks track Papapanagiotou Ioannis, NCSU, USA.
6. Endorsed conferences and symposiums – updates: the endorsed conferences informations and statistics were reviewed, including: IEEE Global Internet Symposium, IEEE Globecom, IEEE ICC, NETSOFT 2015, DRCN 2015, WMNC 2015.
7. Standards activities – updates: Periklis did a presentation about activities. More details are in Periklis’s presentation added to the Standards page.
8. ITC Special Interest Group (SIG). The status of current SIGs was reviewed. Reports were quickly overviewed by Jaime.
9. Publications. Jaime announced the creation of a new journal and two special issues.
10. ComSoc Student Competition, 2015. Details from the competition were given by Jaime. Out of the 42 submissions, one first price and two ex-aequo second prices were given.
11. Active Membership. A quick discussion took place about active membership requirements to be defined as asked in the last recertification and discussed in the last ITC meeting. Stefano recalled this important item should be discussed and proposed in the ML.
(minutes prepared by Stefano Secci)