ITC Meeting at Globecom 2010, Miami, FI, USA (December 9, 2010)
Deep Medhi (chair),
Nirmala Shenoy, Hai Link, Joel Rodrigues, Pascal Lorenz, Lisong Xue, Dijiang Huang, Tarek El-Bawab, Jamie Lloret, Cristina Pascual, Kohei Shiomoto, Changcheng Huang, Brendan Jennigs, Luigi Fratta, Farid Nait-Absesselam. Kui Wu, Rolland Vida, Xiaolin (Andy) li, Yachin Ghamri Doudrine, Csaba Simou, Mehmet Toy, Sorfiene Dtahel, Mohamed Hamdi, Dmidi Nomo, David Du, Yingfei Dong, Yibu Xue.
- Introduction, The TC chair Deep Medhi, opened the meeting at 7:30am
- Approval of minutes http://committees.comsoc.org/itc/, meeting minutes is approved by the attendees.
- Discuss the Officers’ election of ITC in fall 2011
- Introduction of the structure of IEEE, ComSoc, and TAC (Technical Activities Council)
- TC Re-certification (http://committees.comsoc.org/itc/, ITC is recertified in 2011
- Role of ITC, support Global Internet Symposium, Globecom/ICC: Next Generation of Networking and Internet Symposium
- List of representation in recent/future Globecom/ICC
- Discussion of Non-IEEE conferences: role of TC in technical co-sponsorship
- ITC membership (430 members), no limits and anyone can join.
- Open issues to discuss:
– How is the chair of Internet TC? Does the vice-chair automatically become the chair? – No, a nomination committee is formed; the new Chair and co-chair will be elected from nominations received and after election. Previous chairs is a consultant for the new chair, as needed. Chair’s term is 2 years (but not more than 4 years). Globecom 2011 will have the new chair to host ITC meeting.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8:35am.
(Minutes taken by Dijiang Huang, on behalf of Internet TC)