ITC Meeting at Globecom 2009, Honolulu, HI, USA (December 3, 2009)
Deep Medhi (chair), Dijiang Huang, Miroslaw Kantor, Marcus Bruuner, Jingjing Zhang, Abderrahim Benslimane, Adbhakim Hafid, Seshadri Mohan
1. Introduction & welcome: The ITC chair Deep Medhi opened the meeting at 7:30.
2. Approval of minutes: The minutes of the meeting from Globecom 2008 were reviewed and approved unanimously.
3. ITC Chair presented a report summarizing a number of items:
- Introduction of ITC and restate ITC policy
- Recertification was done 2 years ago, now need to do it again, but somehow delayed.
- Discuss about the ITC sponsored conference and workshops in Infocom, ICC and Globecom (e.g., Global Internet Symposium 2009 and 2010).
- Non-IEEE co-sponsors conferences: require Internet TC (and other TCs) to endorse that is taken into consideration by ComSoc in final decision.
- Past ITC membership (spam problem solved).
- Re-election every two years (current Chair and co-chairs will serve for another two years)
- Other issues
a) Chair nomination: nominated by ITC Chair, or send request to representative of conference (ITC website, activities, list all the representatives information).
b) Other IEEE symposiums (seems not fit well for ITC)
c) At least one face-to-face meeting every year depends on where the Chair goes (possible location Infocom/ICC/Globecom).
4. The meeting was adjourned at 8:35am.
(Minutes taken by Dijiang Huang, on behalf of Internet TC)